Medical Foods & Nutritional Supplementation
Depending on your current health status, Dr. K may recommend medical foods to complement your meal plan and enhance overall program success. This specialized class of therapeutic products contains beneficial nutrients in amounts that cannot be typically acquired through normal dietary measures.
Nutritional supplements can also help ensure that your daily nutritional needs are being met. Dr. K may recommend targeted nutritional supplements to support key health functions depending on your concerns and goals.
Unlike other programs, we use supplementation to create balance and harmony to your system, not directly stimulate weight loss with the use of diuretics and laxatives. If supplementation is prescribed to you, it is because we have identified a metabolic deficiency, or imbalance that would require what we call reeducation. Supplementation is used to rebalance, and then once the system is working optimally we use nutrition and lifestyle to maintain this balance.
Commonly Prescribed Products
Clinically tested UltraMeal is a medical food designed to nutritionally support the management of conditions associated with metabolic syndrome, including central obesity, altered body composition, and insulin resistance. UltraMeal has been demonstrated to have a low glycemic index (referenced against glucose) and in conjunction with a healthy dietary program and regular exercise this product is designed to support a healthy body composition.
- Promotes the loss of fat while helping to maintain lean muscle mass.
- Provides a low-glycemic-index meal option to help maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
- Provides L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate—a body-ready folate—to promote healthy homocysteine levels for cardiovascular health.
- Supplies a good source of fiber to support gastrointestinal health.
- Dairy-free source of calcium for bone health.
UltraMeal 360, Metagenics
Clinically tested UltraMeal Plus 360° is a low-glycemic index, satisfying medical food designed to nutritionally support the management of conditions associated with metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular disease. It features selective kinase response modulators (SKRMs) designed to improve fasting insulin and lipid parameters. The UltraMeal Plus 360° Program has been clinically tested and shown to address specific cardiovascular disease risk factors more effectively than a low-glycemic-load (LGL) eating plan and exercise alone.
- Proprietary formula features SKRMs—reduced iso-alpha acids (RIAA) and acacia—clinically shown in a preliminary study at the Metagenics Functional Medicine Research Center® to improve fasting insulin and lipid parameters.
- Features a proprietary blend of soy protein and 2 grams of plant sterols per serving in accordance with NIH recommendations.
- Provides a heart-healthy meal option with a good source of fiber and foundation nutrition.
Omega 3 Fish Oils ,EPA 720, Metagenics
EPA-DHA 720 provides 720 mg of omega-3 essential fatty acids from cold-water fish per softgel to help deliver greater health support in fewer softgels.
- Supports healthy blood lipids.
- Provides a healthy balance of omega-3s to promote overall health.
- Higher intakes of EPA and DHA are associated with a positive mood.
- Features a natural lemon flavor to promote compliance.
- Produced in a Norwegian pharmaceutical-licensed facility.
- Third-party assayed to ensure greater purity.
Eating for Wellness
Medical Foods &
Group Sessions for Fitness, Education & Demos