Did you know that oral health is an important determinant in overall health?
Your mouth is the physical start of the digestive system. The mouth is also the source of many different strains of bacteria. Finding a place of balance in the oral microbiome is critical!
Here are some simple tips that you can start using for better oral health:
- Consume fennel seeds after a meal as a breath fresher or as a digestive aid.
- Suck on a clove as a natural breath freshener.
- One or two times a week, brush your teeth with activated charcoal as a natural whitener.
- Use a tongue scraper ever time you brush.
- Replace your soft bristled toothbrush one to two times per month.
- Floss your teeth regularly to get the big chunks of food out.
- Oil pull with organic coconut oil while in the shower to save time, but be sure to spit the oil out in the garbage can.
And of course, maintain a healthy diet that is low in sugar and carbohydrates, along with regular brushing and flossing. Smoking and chewing tobacco is a major source for oral cancer, gum disease, and much more, so try to eliminate these bad behaviours.
Good luck, and remember that your mouth is an important part of your overall health!